Mouth sores are general sicknesses at a certain time in their life that impact people.
All such sores may form on any of the mouth’s soft tissues, like cheeks, lips, gums, tongue, roof and floor of the mouth. It may even grow on your esophagus, the tube that goes to your stomach.
Mouth sores, including canker sores, are generally a slight inconvenience yet last just a week. However, in some cases, they may indicate mouth cancer or a virus infection such as herpes simplex.
Symptoms of mouth sores :
Mouth sores, particularly while drinking and eating, start causing some pain and redness in most times. They may also trigger a feeling of burning or tingling all over the sore.
Based on the size and severity of the sores in the mouth, they can make it hard to eat, drink, swallow, speak and breathe. Blisters can also grow in the sores.
Following are the symptoms of mouth sores:
- Joint pain
- Sores with a diameter of more than half an inch
- Common disease of mouth sores
Mouth Sores Treatment :
In 10 to 14 days, mild mouth sores go away eventually, and they can last up to six weeks. Some easy home remedies may assist to decrease ache and may speed up the process of healing.
- Stop alcohol and tobacco
- Avoid foods that are spicy, salty, hot, citrus and high sugar.
- Eat ice cream, juices
- Rinse the mouth with saltwater
- Do not squeeze or touch the sores or blisters
- Spread a thin paste of baking soda and water
- Take acetaminophen pain killer
- Consult the pharmacist about other over – the-counter medicines, mouthwash or pastes that might be useful
- Softly dab one part of hydrogen peroxide and one part of water on a solution
When visiting medical provider for the mouth sores they may refer patients to take pain killers, steroid gel or anti-inflammatory drug. Since the mouth sores are the consequence of an infection with bacteria or virus the healthcare provider may provide a medicine to prevent the disease. In situations of mouth cancer, a biopsy will be taken first and if needed surgery or chemotherapy is done.
Prevention of mouth sores :
To avoid mouth sores, you can take certain measures:
- Stop hot foods and beverages
- Chew gently
- Reduce stress
- Eat healthy foods
- Drink plenty of water
- Restrict the use of alcohol
- Practice routine dental hygiene and use a soft toothbrush
- Visit the dentist if the mouth is irritated by any dental equipment or teeth
Bala Dental Clinic is an outstanding group of dedicated dentists who work together to help their patients achieve the highest degree of dental health possible. We recommend visiting the dentist every six months for regular checkups and routine teeth cleanings to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
At your convenient location in Bangsar & Klang, Malaysia, you can have all your dental needs met under one roof. Our practice is committed to providing you and your family with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care.
Bangsar +60 3-2284 6153
Klang +60 3-3318 8060